Report about freedit, the good and the bad.
Freedit is particularly efficient, it allows everyone to be free by using it, the code is well coded even if I don’t know anything about Rust, I saw an MVC structure that I like.
Templates are easy to modify, which is a plus.
Weak points NOT to be overlooked:
- Some problems with uploading the inn icon mean that the image is not blocked and can leave its location.
- The inability of admins to delete inns, posts and solos means that this site can become easy prey for scammers, spammers and the like. This is currently its main problem!!
- The admin tools are too light, you can’t delete images uploaded by users, and if your images cause problems (porn images?) you can’t delete them.
- RSS feeds don’t give access to the article link, but only to site.com/article-name, which is useless because the page isn’t on the site instance, but on the remote site.
- A modification of the site datetime according to locations should be allowed in the site admin parameters, and adding the time to the datetime could be a good idea.
- A default image for a community created without an image should be mandatory…
Its strong points are :
- MVC structure.
- Visual quality: the UI/UX is pleasant to use.
- Security features like captcha, with a cool choice of difficulty.
- The latest forum systems such as frameworks and markdown, which could be a strong point in terms of community sites.
- Anonymity and privacy, such as the non-use of an e-mail system, making it perfect for use on the Tor network.
Despite that, I believe that Freedit can really be useful for the whole world, there is a lot of hope from the author and us, I hope that he will not lose his basic idea but for that, the previously mentioned problems must be adjusted so that it moves forward.